You can connect your Slack account to BuzzSumo in order to receive real-time messages for new mentions.
How to Setup
- First login to BuzzSumo. You'll need either a paid or trial account.
- Visit Monitoring. Either setup a new alert or visit an existing one.
- View the Alert you wish to connect to Slack, then click the "Add to Slack" button in the top right
- You'll be redirected to Slack and asked to pick the channel you wish connect.
- After connecting, new mentions will automatically appear in the channel.
You can disconnect the Slack channel at any time from the alert dashboard in BuzzSumo. Only one Slack channel can be connected to an Alert. We recommend you setup a new Slack channel for BuzzSumo mentions and invite whoever necessary in Slack.
Migrating from RSS feeds
If you were previously using the Alert RSS feed to deliver mentions into Slack, we recommend you disconnect that and setup the direct Slack integration instead. Mentions will appear sooner with more information.