BuzzSumo extracts author information from any of these tags in your source code:
- <meta property="article:author" content="AUTH OR NAME">
- <meta property="twitter:creator" content="TWITTER USERNAME"> (author name will be full name of Twitter user)
- <a rel="author">AUTHOR NAME</a>
- <meta name="author" content="AUTHOR NAME">
- <[ANY TAG] itemprop="author">AUTHOR NAME</[ANY TAG]> (ANY TAG can be p, span, a, etc.)
If we cannot find it by any of these methods, we try to infer it by looking for a byline, such as by AUTHOR_NAME.
We recommend you confirm with your web developer and/or SEO that one of these methods is in use across your site to ensure accurate reporting.