Using the Search Bar
The Most Shared tool does not employ a simple search bar; it will accept up to 1000 characters, which gives you the ability to set up advanced queries.
Click the 'Advanced Search Options' link located under the search bar to view the full list of operators that can be used.
Please read through the examples carefully, as our advanced search options are not standard Boolean search operators.
Advanced Search Options
- Exclude words or domains from a query: Insert a hyphen before words, phrases or domains to exclude them from results.
- Search for multiple words: Use 'OR' to search for multiple words and phrases.
- Find an exact phrase: place your query between quote marks to search for an exact phrase.
- Search by URL or Domain: Enter a domain to see the most shared content on that site, or enter an exact URL to check the stats for a specific article.
- Search for multiple domains: Enter multiple domains separated by 'OR' to see the top content from both domains, sorted by shares.
- Find content by author name: Use the ’author:Name’ syntax to find the top content from that author. Alternately, click an author's name in the search results to do a portfolio search for all of their content that's indexed on BuzzSumo.
- View links shared by Twitter user(s): Use the ’shared:@username’ syntax to find content shared by that Twitter user. Separate with a comma (no space) for up to 10 handles.
- View links shared by all Twitter users entered: Use the ’shared_all:@username,@username2’ syntax to find the content that was shared by all of the entered Twitter handles.
You can search for multiple types of tips and "how to" articles on content marketing:
"content marketing" how to OR "content marketing" why OR "content marketing" what OR "content marketing" "reasons why" OR "content marketing" "need to know" OR "content marketing" learn OR "content marketing" guide OR "content marketing" list OR "content marketing" tips OR "content marketing" "ways to"
See the example search here.